Pugs are perfect the way they are! Still, if you’re looking for a dog with the best qualities of pugs and some more from the Pitbull, we have the perfect solution for you. Introducing the Pitbull Pug mix!
What is a Pitbull Pug mix?
A PugBull is a result of mixing a Pug with another beloved breed; the Pitbull. This improved pug, hopefully, will have some of the most interesting qualities of both breeds:
- Their loving soul and loyalty are the major qualities.
- Also, the Pugbull mix will be very playful, adventurous, and calm at times like the pug.
- The social skills are also an interesting addition; pugs love and are loved by everyone, so will your Pugbull.
“This DNA-testing–based evidence shows that while mixed breed dogs are in fact less likely than purebreds to develop the recessive disorders evaluated in the study, they may still be carriers.”AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
Physical qualities from Pugs:
- Their squishy face, floppy ears, and protruded eyes are a keeper in most cases.
- The screwy tail also will be present.
- Their size is a possible variant, but on average, Pugbulls are slightly bigger due to Pitbull’s genetics.
- They will be more protective of the ones they love. That’s also a quality among pugs.
- They will have a lot of energy to burn. This will work better along with the playfulness of pugs.
Physical qualities from Pitbulls:
- Their short coat is present in most of the cases, which eliminates the problem of heavy shedding from pugs.
- Since Pitbulls are not brachycephalic, Pugbulls are prone to having a longer muzzle. This is a direct fix to their breathing problems, which can make them better at exercising.
Pitbull Pug Mix Traits.
This mixed breed couldn’t be better, so we actually like it a lot.
- They are the perfect companionship.
- They can go to more places.
- Pugbulls handle heat better than the pug.
- Thanks to their inherited physical traits, they are stronger and quicker, which improves their exercise-partner qualities.
- Another nice thing about them is that they require less caressing every day, so if you’re a busy person who wants a pug, this might be the best choice you have. Otherwise, you’ll end up being frustrated by how much attention your pug needs.
As in most mixes, there are some troubles with bad genetics that you need to be aware of. These are linked to the problems both breeds can have:
- Brachycephalic syndrome and some of the pug’s health issues are possible.
- And one of the most painful problems in Pitbulls lives; hip dysplasia.
- They also can develop cataracts, which paired with pug’s eye problems can be disastrous.
Are You Looking For A Pug Mix? Check Our Ultimate Guide Out!
How to Buy a Pitbull Pug Mix?
We’ve said this before, and we’ll repeat it forever; you need to find a good breeder. Pugbulls can be great pets for many types of people, however, you need to always double-check your future pet’s origins. If you know their parents, you know if your Pugbull can be prone to certain diseases.
Still, Pugs and Pitbulls are great breeds, so if you pair them, you can improve many of their lacking traits. After that, you can pick the one you like the most!