Poxer? Really? Pugs are perfect the way they are! Still, if you’re looking for a dog with the best qualities of pugs and some more from the Boxer, we have the perfect solution for you. Introducing: Poxers mix!
What is a Pug Boxer Mix?
The result of mixing a Pug with a powerful breed; the Boxer. This improved dog will have some of the most interesting qualities of both breeds:
- Their loving soul and loyalty are the major qualities.
- Also, the mix will be very playful, adventurous, and calm at times like the Pug (and the Boxer, too!).
Physical qualities from pugs:
- Their squishy face and protruded eyes are keepers in most cases.
- The screwy tail also will be present sometimes.
- Boxers are dominant in this mix in most cases, so you’ll get a watchdog with improved loyalty.
- Boxers can be a little stubborn so this Poxer will be a challenge for your training skills.
- Another important trait inherited is its energy levels.
Physical qualities from Boxers:
- If you love the floppy ears of the Boxers, lucky you; the Poxer has them too.
- Their sizes vary a lot, but, they are closer to the Boxer’s size in most cases.
- Because of the influence of boxers, their muzzle is longer. It will be better suited for more activities than the Pug.
They have a more sporty build, which can make them a better companion for active owners. Also, they are great with children, because of Pugs, and very protective, because of Boxers. If you want a loving pet as well as a pet that can knock out any threat away, this one is for sure the right choice. Their coat is short and requires less attention than that of a pug. They have excellent health even though pugs are slightly sickly, and so do boxers.
As in most mixes, there are some troubles with bad genetics that you need to be aware of. These are linked to the problems both breeds can have:
- Yeah, the floppy ears look cute. Still, they are prone to certain types of problems, so be aware of that.
- Some Boxer health issues can appear too; heart conditions,
- Also, some of the pug’s problems are inherited, like them being prone to eye injuries.
Are You Looking For A Pug Mix? Check Our Ultimate Guide Out!
How to Buy a Poxer?
Before finding a Poxer for sale, the first step is to find a well-reputed breeder. He should give you all the information on the dog’s parents, its breeding infrastructure, and the information of the litter. You must go for a dog with the best qualities of both breeds, like the ones we have mentioned before.
What you need to know before choosing:
- Learn about Pugs.
- Learn about Boxers.
- Know what you want in a dog.
- And be ready to receive an energetic dog at home (So; protect your furniture and get ready for exercise, too!).
After double-checking the information and buying a Poxer; get ready for your new life. Good luck!